About phpMyAdmin Software
phpMyAdmin is a free software tool written in PHP, intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the Web. phpMyAdmin supports a wide range of operations on MySQL, MariaDB and Drizzle. Frequently used operations (managing databases, tables, columns, relations, indexes, users, permissions, etc) can be performed via the user interface, while you still have the ability to directly execute any SQL statement.
phpMyAdmin comes with a wide range of documentation and users are welcome to update our wiki pages to share ideas and howtos for various operations. The phpMyAdmin team will try to help you if you face any problem; you can use a variety of support channels to get help.
phpMyAdmin is also very deeply documented in a book written by one of the developers – Mastering phpMyAdmin for Effective MySQL Management, which is available in English and Spanish.
To ease usage to a wide range of people, phpMyAdmin is being translated into 72 languages and supports both LTR and RTL languages.
phpMyAdmin has won several awards. Among others, it was chosen as the best PHP application in various awards and has won every year the SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards as “Best Tool or Utility for SysAdmins”.
phpMyAdmin is a fifteen-year-old project with a stable and flexible code base;Installing phpMyAdmin on Ubuntu Linux OS
Features Of phpMyAdmin
- Intuitive web interface
- Support for most MySQL features:
- browse and drop databases, tables, views, fields and indexes
- create, copy, drop, rename and alter databases, tables, fields and indexes
- maintenance server, databases and tables, with proposals on server configuration
- execute, edit and bookmark any SQL-statement, even batch-queries
- manage MySQL users and privileges
- manage stored procedures and triggers
- Import data from CSV and SQL
- Export data to various formats: CSV, SQL, XML, PDF, ISO/IEC 26300 – OpenDocument Text and Spreadsheet, Word, LATEX and others
- Administering multiple servers
- Creating PDF graphics of your database layout
- Creating complex queries using Query-by-example (QBE)
- Searching globally in a database or a subset of it
- Transforming stored data into any format using a set of predefined functions, like displaying BLOB-data as image or download-link
- And much more…
phpMyAdmin is a free software tool written in PHP intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the World Wide Web. phpMyAdmin supports a wide range of operations with MySQL.
- Support for most MySQL features
- Browse and drop databases, tables, views, fields and indexes.
- Create, copy, drop, rename and alter databases, tables, fields and indexes.
- Maintenance server, databases and tables, with proposals on server configuration.
- Execute, edit and bookmark any SQL-statement, even batch-queries.
- Manage MySQL users and privileges.
- Manage stored procedures and triggers.
- Import data from CSV and SQL.
- Export data to various formats: CSV, SQL, XML, PDF, ISO/IEC 26300 – OpenDocument Text and Spreadsheet, Word, Excel, LATEX and others.
Step By Step Installing phpMyAdmin on Ubuntu Linux OS
Follow the step by step To install phpMyAdmin
Step : 1 Open the Terminal Type the below Command
# sudo apt-get install phpmyadmin
Step : 2 After that You will be asked to specify Web Server , while installing the phpMyAdmin so please select the Webserver
Step : 3 After selecting the web server you need to Create database for phpMyAdmin. Click on ‘Yes’ , it will create the required database for phpmyadmin.
Step : 4 You will also asked to specify mysql root password which you have set during Mysql installation.
In this step SET Password for mysql
Step : 5 Now Set the phpmyadmin password
In this step SET Password for phpmyadmin and again Retype the password
Step : 6 Complete the Installation and Follow Below Step7 :
Step : 7 Now Access the phpMyAdmin , using the url :
Use Root as a user and Password which you have in above step .
That sol completed the Installing phpMyAdmin on Ubuntu Linux OS. Let Code with php and mysql. If you like this post comment it here …..